Straight Theater

The Straight Theater, located at 1702 Haight Street (at Cole) was an old movie theater that was converted to a concert hall and opened in the summer of 1967. The Straight was run by James D. Wilson, Bill Resner, Hillel Resner, Luther Green and Reg Williams. It was a poorly conceived venture that lasted only a couple of years before folding but during that time it was host to many concerts featuring the Bay Areas finest bands. While the Straight was an integral part of the Haight community, it lacked the management and draw of the far more important Fillmore and Avalon ballrooms.

 


Posters and Handbills Featuring Straight Theater

image
date
cat. no.
venue
artist
for sale
Showing 1 to 17 of 17 (1 Pages)
Search Posters:
Posters by Venue:
Posters by Date: