Fillmore Auditorium 10/19-21/67
The original poster was printed on white index stock and measures approximately 14″ x 21″.
Also pictured is another original poster with a green overprint that was printed on white index stock and measures approximately 14″ x 21″. Based on the evidence that we have been able to assemble, this is most likely the color combination that was originally intended to be used for the BG 89 poster. Evidently, after running a very small number of the posters (we know of around ten copies), a decision was made to eliminate the final green pass. This poster matches the color combination of the BG-89 Saturday ticket, and every other poster from BG 70 to 99 matches the colors of the corresponding Saturday ticket. In addition to evidence of the ticket match, were this poster printed later in the run, rather than at the beginning, the plates would need to have been modified to keep the eyes pink and the other pink areas green. Based on these facts, it is our belief that this is the original BG 89 color scheme which was later modified.
The postcard has a “place stamp here” reverse and measures approximately 4½″ x 7″. Postcards also exist with a blank reverse and are more common than those with the “place stamp here” back.
A double postcard was also printed. This card bears the images of both BG-89 and 90 and measures approximately 4½″ x 14″. This card has a bulk rate permit on the back. In addition, some copies were addressed and mailed to people on the mailing list.
- Bonnie MacLean
- Condition: CGC Grade 9.8 Near Mint/Mint
- Notes: Signature Series. Signed by Bonnie MacLean
- Condition: CGC Grade 9.6 Near Mint +
- Notes: Signature Series – Signed by Bonnie MacLean. This is card OPC-D in Eric King's guide and is cut from a double mailer
- Condition: Very Fine +
- Notes: Mailed Double Postcard of BG-89 & BG-90
Postcard - Type A
- Condition: Near Mint
- Notes: One of the five rarest cards in the entire series. Rarely offered, especially this nice!